This bootcamp aimed to aid trainers in finding resources and tools they can re-use in their training activities. The bootcamp consisted of two two-hour sessions, held on two separate days with time in between for participants to work on assignments.
- receive a demonstration of existing tools that aid Research Data Management and could be used as hands-on-exercises in training activities.
- get tips for training development in a didactics session, including the use of more interactive elements, preparations, evaluations and the development of learning objectives.
- be encouraged to assess the usefulness of the tools presented for their own target audience, and consider how they could structure their own training activities.
- focus on training development during an interactive session.
- discuss how the presented materials and tools can be used in the context of an RDM training.
- examine different training methods, exchange experiences, and discuss how to make training interactive and prepare hands-on-exercises.
- learn about and receive an update on the SSH Training Toolkit. Throughout SSHOC, existing and newly developed training materials have been collected in the Toolkit; this short presentation highlighted key training materials that are already available (e.g. materials on for instance GDPR, sensitive data, FAIR and open data).