Chapter on the data operations needed to prepare data files for analysis and data sharing, starting with data entry and coding of data files. Throughout the different phases of research data files will be edited numerous times. During this process, it is crucial to maintain the authenticity of research information contained in the data and prevent it from loss or deterioration, as well as a comprehensive approach to data quality.
- strategies to minimise errors during the processes of data entry and data coding
- the choice of file formats
- managing the integrity and authenticity of data during the research process
- a systematic approach to data quality
- DMP questions on these topics.