Chapter on storage, backup, recovery and security strategies for research data, to protect them against accidental loss and against unauthorised manipulation. Particularly when collecting (sensitive) personal data it is necessary to ensure that these data can only be accessed by those authorized to do so.
- different storage solutions and their advantages and disadvantages
- storage strategy for research data
- backup and disaster recovery strategy to ensure that avoid data loss, e.g. through human error or hardware failure
- protect data against unauthorised access with strong passwords and encryption
- relevant DMP questions on these topics